If you have ever dealt with a damaged and blocked drain pipe situation, you would know how troublesome, time-consuming, and expensive the entire process can be. Since these installations are under the ground, any damage or deterioration isn’t evident.
Most people don’t realise there is a problem until the sewer water starts to backup or their shower and sink drains low down drastically. We at SPS Plumbers St George have seen how problematic these issues can be and make sure that our clients receive a prompt response in emergencies like these.
Blocked Drains and Pipe Relining
Since the drain pipes are underground, repairs involve digging up large portions of the landscape. That was the traditional method where the pipe repairs became cumbersome and time-consuming. Fixing drain pipe damage was a project property owners dreaded. But not any longer- we always focus on providing our clients value for money, and it’s why we adopt the latest technology in our work. When we handle broken and damaged drainpipe issues, we recommend the pipe relining method.
What is Pipe Relining?
This process uses a very innovative technology, which makes it easy to fix damaged underground pipes. This is the process followed:
- The plumbers will visit your property and understand what the problem is.
- The experts will then dig two small trenches at either end of the pipe.
- They will use a CCTV drain camera to get visuals of the inside of the impacted pipe.
- Once they have determined what is causing the problem and where the damage is, they will clear the pipe of blockages, if any.
- High-pressure jets and tree root cutting equipment is used in the work.
- Once the pipe is clear and clean from inside, they will insert a special epoxy sleeve into the pipe from one end.
- The pipe will be inflated and allowed to cure for a few hours.
- Once it has cured properly, the pipe is ready for use.
Pipe Relining- The Benefits
This process is slightly more expensive than the standard method of repairing underground pipes. It’s also why some property owners hesitate to opt for this solution. But the fact is there are many benefits to pipe relining such as:
- Non-invasive compared to the standard pipe repair process
- It can be completed with the least amount of disruption in your landscape.
- Only two small trenches need to be dug to access the pipe and complete the relining.
- The epoxy lining is exceptionally resilient. It can last for up to 50 years and is covered by warranties.
When you consider all these benefits, it becomes evident that the slightly higher costs that you pay for pipe relining are well worth the money spent. However, it’s also essential that you hire experienced and proven pipe relining experts like the ones at our company. For any information about our pipe relining services, feel free to contact SPS Plumbers St George at (02) 9099 9237. You can also contact us via this Online Form, and we will call you back to discuss your requirements.